Last year I became really committed to taking better care of my skin. Throughout the course of 2016 I discovered a few ‘new’ products in my journey towards flawless skin.
These are some of the products that have shown amazing results in my regime:
- St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen & Elastin Facial Moisturizer– I am a member of ‘The Beauty Chatroom’ on Facebook and the ladies there rave about this product. I decided to use it as a base for a custom night cream. I add Sweet Almond oil, Vitamin E oil, and Lavender oil to it. I cannot begin to explain how soft my skin feels after using my night cream concoction.
- Freeman Beauty Honeydew and Chamomile Sleeping Mask– I picked this up late last year and I really love it. In addition to its amazing scent, this product really locks moisture into the skin. I use this every night after my night cream and a few drops of Sweet Almond oil and I awake to soft, supple skin.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream– I don’t have any under eye issues as yet (fingers crossed) so I use this eye cream as a preventative measure along with Vitamin E oil.
- Activated Charcoal– So I’ve seen that whole Elmer’s glue face mask trend that’s taking over the interwebs. I, for one, am not putting glue on my face. However, I do add activated charcoal to my clay masks or to my peel off masks for a more intense result.
- Queen Helene Scrubs (Mint Julep, Cocoa Butter, and Pomegranate and Raspberry)- These are affordable and effective exfoliating products. They do contain walnut shell powder but the grains are very fine so they remove dead skin with out being too harsh (quite unlike the controversial St Ives Apricot Scrub).
- Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Pore Purifying 2-in-1 Clay Cleanser/ Mask- This product is a winner. Try this if you want a seriously deep clean. Listen, my cotton pad remains white when I tone after I cleanse with this. There is NO residue. I love it!!! However, it is a little too drying as a daily cleanser for me so I mainly use it on days I wear makeup. I add a little activated charcoal when I apply it as a mask.
- Freeman Beauty Diamond Rinse Mask- A clay-based mask that exfoliates and makes your skin dazzle with diamonds? I’m here for it!!! I actually really like this product because of its very fine texture which does the job of exfoliating without being harsh to your skin.
- Global Beauty Care Facial Cleansing Power Brush- A Clarisonic brush is still on my wish list so until I make the investment I’ll be using this affordable brush. It gets the job done.
I am quite satisfied with my skincare regime now. I am sure that I may add to my skincare collection throughout the year since I’m always open to trying new products.
I hope everyone has a great skincare journey in 2017. Let me know what products made a difference in your skincare routine last year.