Nude lipstick is a very versatile option. It’s perfect for toning down bright eyeshadow and complementing a natural ‘no makeup makeup’ look. It also looks gorgeous when paired with an intense smoky eye.
As a woman of colour, it can be very difficult to create the perfect nude lip. As a matter of fact, the wrong nude lipstick can have us walking around looking like Tyrone Biggums.
This cannot be cute. That ‘just ate a powdered doughnut’ look is not the business. The wrong nude will also emphasise cracked lips.
However, just a few considerations can take our nude lip look from ashy to fabulous.
- Warmer undertones look fabulous with earthy shades
- Nude lipsticks with pinkish or rosy tones complement cool skin tones
2. Brown lip liner
- Even if a lipstick happens to be too light for your skin tone, a brown liner can help create an effortlessly chic nude lip.
For reference, I generally wear NC 50 in MAC foundations and these are my main go to nudes.
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick- Honey Bare
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes- Nude Embrace
3. Maybelline Color Sensational- Tenacious Taupe
4. L’Oreal Colour Riche- Tawny
5. Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs- Stormy Sahara
6. L’Oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse- Sheer Linen
7. L’Oreal Colour Riche- Captivating Copper